Proposal for 7.5 [Was Re: Issue with checkpoint 7.5 (search) and serial renderings]

Hello,

Here's a proposed new checkpoint for 7.5:

<NEW>
   7.5 Allow the user to search within all rendered text content
       accessible through a viewport, including rendered
       text content outside the point of regard.
       Allow the user to start a forward search from a location
       in content selected or focused by the user.
       After a match, allow searching from location of the
       match. Provide a case-insensitive search option when
       applicable to the natural language of text. [Priority 2]
</NEW>

Add to Techniques:

1) When the point of regard depends on time (e.g., an audio
viewport), the user must be able to search through
content that will be available through that viewport. This
is analogous to content rendered graphically that is
reachable by scrolling.

2) The user must be allowed to search among rendered
text equivalents, as these are part of rendered text
content.

 - Ian