Re: PROPOSAL: The meaning of "Easy access" in checkpoint 2.3

"Poehlman, David" wrote:

> I guess I'm not sure just how having the ua create a link would or might
> work.

Suppose you have an image with an associated long description. Some
approaches for providing access to the long description would be:

1) Allow me to open a context menu and select a menu entry for
   access to the long description. Note that some content may
   have more than one associated equivalent, so such a dynamic
   menu might have several entries.

2) Allow me to open a "get info" (inspect) view of some piece of
   content that included details about the object, including links
   to it's alternatives.

3) Insert a link after (or before, which might be configurable)
   the image. This is the "D-link" approach to providing access
   to long descriptions. This is what I mean by a link in context.

For some types of content, having the alternative inline might be
very burdensome (notably, for long text equivalents). Therefore
a link to that content is a better solution than simultaneous rendering
inline. For short equivalents (like alt), having the content
subsituted or rendered next to the primary content is probably
a better solution.

 - Ian