RE: PROPOSAL: The meaning of "Easy access" in checkpoint 2.3

Lynx creates a whole range of links to things that it generates - the history
file is a link in the history file, based on a temporary file. There are
links to recent status messages, and various other things added to documents.

Mechanically it is pretty trivial - find a place to put something, add a link
to it, and if the user activates the link, show it to them. Netscape does the
same thing with various special URI's - about: and javascript: (I have never
tried to make them links in a document, but in theory they should work - does
someone want to test this?

Charles

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Poehlman, David wrote:

  I guess I'm not sure just how having the ua create a link would or might
  work.
  "Poehlman, David" wrote:

  > I've a bit of a problem with this because if the link alternative is
  chosen
  > it might mean that the fascility is broken.

  I'm not sure what you mean here.

  >  As I understand it, the primary
  > expectancy is for choice so we could narrow the number of items to two if
  we
  > keep the link option by listing the configurations as one other
  alternative
  > rather than three?

  We could say "allow configuration for one of the following:"
  1) Render alt instead
  2) Render alt alongside
  3) Render link
  4) Provide accses through the UI.