Re: Refinements and additions to minimum set of functions for single command checkpoint (a detail)

At 05:54 PM 2000-07-24 -0400, Ian Jacobs wrote:

>> 8. Move next piece of content into the current viewport (Page Down)
>
>Instead: move the start of the viewport in content
>to the current end of the viewport. The abstract notion of page depends
>on the dimensions of the viewport. Note that for viewports without
>dimension, page down means nothing (and I think the above description
>still works).
>
>> 9. Move previous piece of content into the current viewport (Page Up)
>
>Adjust comments from 8.

AG::

How about "advance [one] viewport" and "retreat [one] viewport"?

Text following these short names would explain that [one] reflects a
step-size through the content which defaults to the scope of a viewport but
may (it is preferred to) be user-configurable.

There needs to be some sort of thought to how this relates to the
pwWebSpeak interface where one can step by a browser-defined phrase-sized
chunk.  This is the most scientific definition I have seen yet of an
audio-display viewport.  So there are issues of two devices attached to
different viewports and which is the master viewport in terms of defining
this step advance through the bulk content.

Al