Re: generator meta tag question

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 13:20:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
cc: User Agent Working group list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
The only way I can see generator being useful is if we were building repair
tools that knew about dumb things that particular tools did which can be
automagically repaired. In the future, there might be value in using it as a
shorthand for knowing whether the page is likely to be accessible-  some
tools are good, some are great, and some are terrible. (Of course it doesn't
deal with the variable which is the author...)

cheers

Charles McCN