proposed re-wording of Ian's 2.7

From: Kitch Barnicle <barnicle@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:42:28 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Pending a new proposal from Charles, I've proposed new wording for
checkpoint 2.7 below as per my action item from yesterday's call.

<Ian's NEW>
     2.7 For content in a recognized but unsupported natural
         language, allow configuration so that when rendered,
         this content does not disorient the user. The user
         agent may choose to not render this content, but must
         indicate the absence through the user interface.
       Note: For example, if the user agent does not support
       Japanese, render "[Japanese text]" instead of the content,
       or use an accessible icon that indicates an unsupported language.
    </ Ian's NEW>

<Kitch's Modified>
   2.7 For content in a recognized but unsupported natural
         language, prevent user disorientation by allowing
	the user agent to be configured so that notification
	is provided when unrecognized content is rendered.
         The user agent may choose to not render this content, but must
        indicate the absence through the user interface.
     Note: For example, if the user agent does not support
       Japanese, render "[Japanese text]" instead of the content,
       or use an accessible icon that indicates an unsupported language.
</Kitch's Modified>

-kitch