Re: 8 March UA Guidelines and Techniques available

Ian Jacobs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just published the 8 March 2000 versions of the
> UA Guidelines [1], Techniques [2], and Implementation Report [3].
>
> I apologize for the delays, but I hope the results will
> make it worth the wait. I realize that there isn't much
> time before tomorrow's meeting, but please try to review
> the Guidelines before the teleconference tomorrow [4]. I would
> like to ensure that this draft represents the resolutions
> to issues raised during Candidate Rec.
>
> I did not have time to write, edit, and
> incorporate long descriptions into this version of the techniques
> document. I realize this is important and will do this as soon as
> possible.
>
> Still to come:
>
>  - A list of changes for the Guidelines. I won't put together
>    a list of changes to the Techniques since this was a major
>    overhaul.

Changes available and quoted below (search for CHANGES::)
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/wai-ua-wd-changes.html

> [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/CR-UAAG10-20000308/
> [2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-TECHS-20000308/
> [3] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-IMP-20000308/
> [4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000JanMar/0454.html

CHANGES::
Versions [5]CR-UAAG10-20000308 and [6]WD-UAAG10-TECHS-20000308

  Changes to the Guidelines

   This is a revision of the Candidate Recommendation for Working Group
   review.

    Conformance

     * Additional information required for well-formed conformance
claims
       (product information).
     * Some edits to tighten section on well-formed conformance claims.
     * Example claim now in HTML

    Checkpoints

     * 1.5: Edited based on resolution to [7]issue 195.
     * 2.1: Added cross reference to checkpoints in Guideline 5 per [8]1
       March teleconference.
     * 2.2: Changed wording of example based on resolution to [9]issue
       191.
     * 2.6: Added collated text transcript to checkpoint text based on
       resolution to [10]issue 204. Also, moved note after checkpoint
       into checkpoint text.
     * 3.3: Edited parenthetical text based on comments from Nir Dagan
       and Henrik Nielsen.
     * 4.8: Added text transcript and collated text transcript to
       checkpoint text based on resolution to [11]issue 204.
     * 4.16: Editorial: deleted the word "spawned"; use "open" instead.
     * 5.1: Limited to read access to DOM 2 core/html modules based on
       resolution to [12]issue 190 and [13]issue 206.
     * 5.2: New. Based on resolution to [14]issue 190 and [15]issue 206.
     * 5.3: New. Based on resolution to [16]issue 203.
     * 5.4: New. Based on resolution to [17]issue 206.
     * 5.8: Note added based on resolution to [18]issue 200 and
[19]issue
       201 and
     * 6.2: Two changes:
         1. Wording changed based on resolution of [20]issue 196 and
            [21]issue 205.
         2. changed "specification" to "Recommendation" [22]Change
            proposed by Ian based on suggestion from W3C Director.
     * 8.4: Clarified based on resolution to [23]issue 198.
     * 9.4: editorial: added "image" to examples, removed the word
"clip"
       from examples.
     * 9.5: changed "content" to "rendered content" in checkpoint text.
       Ian made this change upon review of the document.
     * 10.7: Reduced scope based on resolution to [24]issue 197.
     * 10.8: Clarified based on resolution to [25]issue 199.