Re: Proposed new wording for checkpoint 10.3 (single key access)

David,
This seems more of a question for Kiosk type situations, since most major
OS do support stickey keys: MS-Windows, Mac OS and X-Windows.  I think this
may be discussed in the techniques document.  The group decided that it
really did not what to directly address Kiosk type technology in these
guidelines.
Jon

At 06:28 PM 1/14/00 -0500, David Poehlman wrote:
>I've a question about this.  if my os does not support sticky keys, do I
>need to do this natively?
>
>Dick Brown wrote:
>>
>> My action item from 1/13/00 was:
>>
>> Here's the new wording, with two asterisks marking the start and end of
>> proposed new text. Note that for the keyboard, "sequence of single commands"
>> assumes Sticky Keys or similar functionality.
>>
>> Proposed:
>> 10.3 Allow the user to change and control <wai-useragent.html> the input
>> configuration <wai-useragent.html>. Allow the user to configure the user
>> agent so that **every** functionality may be activated with a single command
>> (e.g., single key, single voice command, etc.) **or a sequence of single
>> commands**. [Priority 2] For voice-activated browsers, allow the user to
>> modify what voice commands activate functionalities. Similarly, allow the
>> user to modify the graphical user agent user interface for quick **and
>> convenient** access to commonly used functionalities (e.g., through
>> **adding, removing and reordering toolbar** buttons).
>>
>> Dick Brown, Microsoft Accessibility
>
>--
>Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
>ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/poehlman