Re: Proposed minimum for search checkpoint (7.5)

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:10:52 -0400 (EDT)
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hello,

I think the value of search is to be able to find something that is
expected or remembered, when you don't know where it is. So I think that
reverse serach (or "whole document") is fairly important. Since it is
required that a user can establish where they are in a document, it should be
possible to use that and the ability to do all searches from teh beginning to
find out where things are relative to each other.

SO I could live with Ian's minimal requirement, although I would prefer to
have forward/reverse/whole document, or whole document plus knowing whether
the find was behind or in front of the point of regard.

Charles McCN