Re: IMPORTANT: Removing proposed checkpoint on synchronization

David Poehlman wrote:

> This is fine as long as we captured the needed synchronizations in minimum
> requirements or notes.

I don't believe that synchronization is a minimum requirement. I think
it's
an important technique for facilitating navigation between related
views.
But I for the reasons listed, I don't think that all related views
should be
synchronized. I don't think that we can just say "allow the user
to synchronize related views" because we don't know what the semantics
of
those views will be (we don't require any but the outline view) and
there
are other unknowns about what synchronization would mean in some cases.

 - Ian