Re: IMPORTANT: Removing proposed checkpoint on synchronization

I am not sure the synchronization should be a requirement for satisfying a
checkpoint, since there may be techniques that do not require
synchronization that satisfy a particular checkpoint.  For example if a
user is typing to find out attribute information for a particular element,
based on the requirements of checkpoint 2.1.  A source view would provide
the information, a source view that is synchronized with an element a user
has selected would be probably be better, but a view of only the current
attributes for a particular element would be the best solution in this
case.  So the best technique to satisfy this user need would not require
synchronization of a source view.

The group felt that synchronization is a priority 2 issue [1] and I think
we should strongly encourage its use in the places it makes sense.  But I
don't think we have any situations where if there is not synchronizations,
somebody can't access information.

Jon

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2000/05/wai-ua-telecon-20000502.html