Re: Preparation for 27 April teleconference [Was Re: AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 27 April 2000]

  Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

  > The piece that is missing is easy access to marked-up semantics. For example,
  > the fact that something has been marked as an address, or a chapter title, or
  > a summary or abstract. There may be no equivalence, there is just information
  > that can be used.

Then On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  "Easy access to marked-up semantics" is the rest of the guidelines,
  in my opinion. I don't think that should be a checkpoint on its own.

   - Ian

CMN:

There is no guideline or checkpoint that explicitly makes that clear,
although there are some special cases. And an implementation strategy
consists of implementing some form of user CSS mechanism.

cheers

Chaals