W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > April to June 2000

Re: AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 19 April 2000

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:41:18 -0500
Message-Id: <4.3.1.2.20000418134104.00c96100@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
OK.

I will add it to the agenda.

Jon


At 12:22 PM 4/18/00 -0400, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>Jon,
>
>Please add to the agenda an item about the UA Guidelines dependency
>on DOM Level 2. The DOM Working Group has been held up in their process
>of different interpretations of the XML namespaces Recommendation [1]
>by various XML Working Groups. Since it might be a while before DOM
>Level 2 advances to Proposed Recommendation, we might want to change
>our DOM requirements to DOM 1 so that we can move forward. Please
>note that if we make this change (which is significant, even if it's
>motived by a process issue, not a consensus issue), we may not be
>able to move directly to Recommendation. This would be the subject
>of the agenda item.
>
>Thank you,
>
>  - Ian
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names
>
>
>Jon Gunderson wrote:
> >
> > WAI UA Telecon for April 19th, 2000
> > \
> > Chair: Jon Gunderson
> > Date: Wednesday, April 19th
> > Time: 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
> > Call-in:Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038
> >
> > Agenda
> >
> > Review Action Items (see details at end of message)
> >
> > Announcements
> >
> >     1.April 27th, WCAG Telecon will be discussing markup to provide
> > navigation information
> >       to user agents
> >
> >     2.Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Electronic and Information Technology
> > Accessibility
> >       Standardsby the United States ARCHITECTURAL AND TRANSPORTATION
> >       BARRIERS COMPLIANCE BOARD. Comments will be accepted until May 30th
> >       http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/nprm.htm
> >       http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/overview.htm
> >
> > Discussion
> >
> >     1.Update on proposed recommendation process
> >
> >     2.Issue #PR207: Interpretation checkpoint 2.1
> >       http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#207
> >
> >       Notes:
> >
> >            A. Consensus on access to all human readible content through the
> > user interface
> >
> >            B. Consensus on access to all alternative equivalents through
> > the user interface
> >
> >            C. Currently the group has identified the primary use for access
> > to machine readible
> >            content through the user interface is for repair purposes. The
> > following items
> >            summarize the chairs view of the issue:
> >               C.1 We have previously removed other repair related
> > checkpoints (linearization
> >                 of tables, etc..). The only one left is Checkpoint 2.3.
> >               C.2 Examples sited affect people with disabilities the same
> > as people without
> >                 disabilities. Markup that does not conform to WCAG.
> >               C.3 Examples sited require an expert knowledge of markup for
> > repair (small
> >                 number of people with skill and motivation)
> >               C.4 Examples sited do not guarantee access to content only
> > potential
> >               C.5 This would be a new requirement and may require stepping
> > back to a
> >                 previous stage in the recommendation process
> >
> >     3.PR#224: Checkpoint 4.16: Minimal conformance requirement unclear
> >       http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#224
> >
> >     4.PR#244: Checkpoint 4.5: Change to P2 since no reference 
> implementation.
> >       http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#244
> >
> >     5.PR#257: Difficult to know when a UA has conformed.
> >       http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#257
> >
> >     6.PR#262: Checkpoint 5.9: Change Priority since non-standard approaches
> > may be
> >       better.
> >       http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#262
> >
> >     7.PR#264: Checkpoint 3.9: Raise priority since may cause CD problems.
> >       http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#264
> >
> > Open Action Items
> >
> >     1.IJ: Draft a preliminary executive summary/mini-FAQ for developers.
> > (No deadline.)
> >
> >     2.IJ: Propose three terms to the list: Document Source, Document Object
> > and Rendered
> >       Content
> >
> >     3.IJ: The content/ui division in G1 needs to be fixed
> >
> >     4.IJ: Resolutions from FTF meeting
> >
> >     5.IJ: Adopt new wording of proposal for checkpoint 9.2
> >
> >     6.IJ: Propose split to the list. Identify why and issue of priority.
> >
> >     7.CMN: Find out from I18N how to generalize the accessibility provided
> > by sans-serif
> >       fonts.
> >
> >     8.CMN: Propose a technique that explains how serialization plus
> > navigation would suffice
> >       for Checkpoint 8.1.
> >
> >     9.DA: Send name of new organization to list that was mentioned by some
> > from the US
> >       Census Bureau
> >
> >    10.DA: Review techniques for Guidelines 7 and 8
> >
> >    11.DB: Get Tim Lacy to review G+
> >
> >    12.DB: Review techniques for Guidelines 3, 4, and 11
> >
> >    13.DP: Review techniques for Guidelines 1 and 2
> >
> >    14.GR: Look into which checkpoints would benefit from audio examples in
> > the techniques
> >       document.
> >
> >    15.GR: Review techniques for Sections 3.7 and 3.8
> >
> >    16.GR: Send to list screen shot of JFW Window list.
> >
> >    17.JG: Write email to the list asking for information about which user
> > groups require the
> >       ability to slow down presentations othewise access it impossible.
> >
> >    18.JG: Take conformance grandulatity issue to the WAI CG.
> >
> >    19.JG: Identify the minimal requirement for each checkpoint.
> >
> >    20.HB: Take scoping issue of the current guidelines to the EO 
> working group
> >
> >    21.MQ: Review techniques for Guidelines 9 and 10
> >
> >    22.RS: Take notification of focus and view changes to PF as possible DOM
> > 3 requirement.
>
>--
>Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
>Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
>Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Tuesday, 18 April 2000 14:41:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:50:03 GMT