Re: MINUTES(edited): W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 22 December 1999

mark novak wrote:

> see 2 comments at MN below:
>
> At 3:10 PM 12/22/99, Jon Gunderson wrote:
>
> <snip>

> >  13.DB: Find out how developers find out which appropriate triggers to use
> >in Windows for using built-in accessibility features
> >     (i.e. sound sentry, show sounds, ...)
>
> MN:  I sent some notes regarding ShowSounds and SoundSentry to the list
> last week explaining some of this, what more would people like to know?

(Mark's message of 16 December
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999OctDec/0710.html)

I guess the question had several parts to it (as I understood it):

 - How do users write sound schemes in Windows?
 - How do these interact with SoundSentry and ShowSounds?
 - Where can developers find information about making use
   of these features?

[snip]

> >Candidate recommendation
> >
> >Refer to W3C Process Document description of Candidate Recommendation
> >http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/Process-19991111/tr.html#RecsCR
> >
> >JG:
> >a) Show existing implementations of requirements
> >b) For that which is not done yet (e.g., DOM for communication of content),
> >need to demonstrate feasibility and value over current
> >techniques. AND/OR
> >c) Get commitments from AT developers that they will adopt these solutions.
>
> MN:  Do the scripts/EXEs/DLLs we've been developing and are continuing to
> develop
> which, for example, get and expose information from the browser using DOM
> assist in this process ?

Yes, very much so. Questions:

 - Did the DOM meet your needs? If not, what is missing?
 - Did you find adequate information at the W3C site (or elsewhere)
   to build the program?
 - Is there a demo online?
 - What's the URI for more information about the scripts/EXEs/DLLs?
   (Can we include the Techniques Document?)

Thanks Mark!

 _ Ian