User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Last Call

From: Richard Premack <richardp@akamail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 06:14:28 -0500
To: <jongund@uiuc.edu>, <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Cc: <ij@w3.org>, <jbrewer@w3.org>
Last Call review of User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
W3C Working Draft-November-1999

Prepared by:
Richard Premack, interNext
richardp@inter-next.net
1-888-576-8932 (USA) 1-727-578-1059 (Int'l)

The following is our response (attached in both Microsoft Word and HTML
formats) to an invitation by Jon Gunderson, Chair -- W3C WAI User Agent
Working Group to review and provide comment on the " User Agent
Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 - W3C Working Draft-November-1999".

As a developer of telephone-based web browsing and autonomous agent
technologies, we have particular interest in this area and the above
referenced document as it relates to accessible design requirements from
both the end-user (user interface) and software system (system interface)
development perspective.

Beyond the technical dimensions of web accessibility, we have discovered
through our own independent research, that there are legal ramifications to
providing accessible technologies as well, which heretofore, we have not
seen or heard discussed within the WAI communication channels we have been
party to.  Therefore, we believe we may have something new to offer in this
regard and hope that the Working Group will find this information (which
was obtained at considerable expense to our organization) useful.

We are honored and pleased to provide feedback on such an important and we
believe, historic document that will serve as a blueprint for User-Agent
accessibility as we move forward into the next millenium.  Thank you for
the opportunity to be of assistance in this important endeavor.

Sincerely,

Richard A. Premack
interNext - creators of Tel-Web