Re: Global and local Navigation

From: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:07:13 -0800 (PST)
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hi,

I'm not quite sure whether this is relevant, but I've been working with
an XML project where we used a unfiy navigation approach rather than
local and global.  The only difference between local and global was the
size of chunk in terms of navigation.  We provide navigation at the
sentence, paragraph and section levels.  By using the same concept it
simplified the programming and we were able to used object oriented
technology fairly easily.  In addition, the XML parser is dynamically
specified so it can handle additional groupings like chapter, chapter
grouping, etc.

Scott