Re: Guideline 2 & device independence

At 04:42 PM 9/23/99 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>I think there is still an issue here - although the single most useful thing
>that can be done is for all keyboard interfaces to become omnipotent, and for
>that reason may merit being the first checkpoint, worded something like
>
> "For user agents which have a keyboard interface ensure that all functions
>  of the user agent can be accessed through menass of the keyboard only,
>  using system standards"

JRG: "For user agents which have a keyboard interface" is already covered
in our conformance statement.

It many be useful to reinforce the use of standard interfaces in Checkpoint
2.1 or to add a new checkpoint related to the use of standard system
conventions for the keyboard.

Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820