From: Gregory J. Rosmaita [mailto:unagi69@concentric.net]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 1999 10:09 AM
To: Chris Wilson
Subject: RE: test suites

aloha, chris!

is it really necessary to simulate a mouse-over event in the case of
exposing
the TITLE attribute when used, for example, as an attribute in the
definition
of a horizontal rule?  wouldn't it be simpler to offer the user a choice --
i.e. a "Display Horizontal Rules" and "Display Title (where present)"
setting
for horizontal rules?

and, while i suppose that this may be a suggestion more appropriately
addressed
to AT developers, who could substitute the content of the TITLE attribute
for a
horizontal rule --  provided, of course, that the AT is capable of making a
DOM
call to obtain the necessary information...

which mousover events in particular are you attempting to make available to
the
mouseless user?  knowing that would greatly assist us in assisting you...

gregory.
He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   President, WebMaster, & Minister of Propaganda,
        VICUG NYC <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/>