Splitting Checkpoints - from telecon 3 March

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:05:46 -0500 (EST)
To: WAI UA group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
In splitting the checkpoints to individual tasks, I think they were split
too far. Where we would like the ability to navigate among links, form
controls, table cells, headers, and elements with associated event
triggers, we have instead asked for half a dozen different navigation
sets.

What we should say is something like:
provide all functions device-independently [p1]
provide ability to navigate among focussable objects. [p1]

focussable objects are
links [p1]
form controls [p1]
table cells [p1-AT, p2-gua]
headers [p2]
The nodes of a semantic outline tree [p2-AT, p3-gua]

Or something of that kind.

Charles McCN

phone: +1 617 258 0992   http://purl.oclc.org/net/charles