Re: Splitting Checkpoints - from telecon 3 March

Ian found a reference to this issue in the Dec F2F meeting in Boston,
basically that links, longdescriptions and form controls should be though
to be part of the same sequential access control.
Jon

At 02:05 PM 3/5/99 -0500, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>In splitting the checkpoints to individual tasks, I think they were split
>too far. Where we would like the ability to navigate among links, form
>controls, table cells, headers, and elements with associated event
>triggers, we have instead asked for half a dozen different navigation
>sets.
>
>What we should say is something like:
>provide all functions device-independently [p1]
>provide ability to navigate among focussable objects. [p1]
>
>focussable objects are
>links [p1]
>form controls [p1]
>table cells [p1-AT, p2-gua]
>headers [p2]
>The nodes of a semantic outline tree [p2-AT, p3-gua]
>
>Or something of that kind.
>
>Charles McCN
>
>--Charles McCathieNevile            mailto:charles@w3.org
>phone: +1 617 258 0992   http://purl.oclc.org/net/charles
>W3C Web Accessibility Initiative    http://www.w3.org/WAI
>MIT/LCS  -  545 Technology sq., Cambridge MA, 02139,  USA

1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870
Fax: 217-333-0248