RE: UA ISSUE OF THE WEEK: Table element access

From: Charles (Chuck) Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:34:10 -0800
To: Denis Anson <danson@miseri.edu>, dd@w3.org
Cc: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
<<
It has always been my opinion that if we focus on the functionality that
must be provided, and not on the methods to produce that functionality, then
the same rules can be applied to mainstream browsers, kiosks, and other
specialty settings.

I agree with that in principle, but not in practice.  As soon as we open up
the discussions to include all sorts of environments, the process for
producing the guidelines bogs down.

-Chuck