Re: UA ISSUE OF THE WEEK: Table element access

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:23:22 +0100
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
cc: "Charles (Chuck) Oppermann" <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

> My opinion and at least in my estimate of the consensus within the working
> group for the last month is that we want to reflect user requirements which
> included non-visual renderings.

My opinion is that by wanting to include all problems for all agents,
we're not progressing much and the issues are becoming too complex
(which I define as complex enough that I don't understand them by
reading a message on UA without rereading all the previous thread,
which I don't have time to do).

I want to look at what IE/Netscape/Opera have to do so that when used
alone or with an assistive technology, they are accessible.

Monday I met a new student to work on some WAI tool with me here in
Sophia (France). She's blind and use IE + some softbraille
product. She didn't even know what lynx or webspeak were, and she's in
3rd year MS computer science.