Re: ToolTips

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Response in JRG:
> >4.4.12 [Priority 1]
> >              Allow the user to turn on and off support for spawned
> >windows.
> >
> >What is the difference between the accessibility barrier created by
> >a tool tip and one created by an opening browser window?
>
> JRG: A spawned window puts someone in another instance of the browser, this
> is an orientation and control problem.  A tooltip does not create another
> instance of the browser, but could obscure information or be confusing to a
> person with visual impairment.

But isn't the problem the same: loss of orientation due to information
that pops up "out of nowhere". I'm wondering whether it's useful
to have one checkpoint that's slightly more general, or two specific
ones (for windows and tooltips). Are there other similar phenomena that
cause orientation problems?

 _ Ian

Telephone May 1999 only:     (212) 688-4489
Cell phone May 1999:         (917) 450-8783
Otherwise Tel/Fax:           (212) 684-1814