Re: PROPOSAL: Checkpoint for ACCESSKEY

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:00:29 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
The sequential statement is due to the potential multiple definitions of
the same accesskey in a document.  If more than one control, link, label,
... uses the same accesskey we want people to be able to navigate to each
one.  In the case of single definitions of an accesskey in a document then
the sequential part is a mute point, the focus would move directly to that
associated focusable element.
Jon

At 11:44 AM 5/6/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I don't think that we should not have a checkpoint for ACCESSKEY. I do think
>that a checkpoint requiring sequential access to elements which have an
>ACCESSKEY is inappropriate - the purpose of the element is to provide access
>to certain elements in a non-sequential manner.
>
>Charles McCN

1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870