costly & dependent

From: Kitch Barnicle <kitch@afb.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 07:16:53 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
I need a bit of clarification. My comments follow KB:

Under section 3.4, Alternate Text and Description Links, the guidelines state
 "More sophisticated (but costly) solutions in the case of an image that is
content of a link involve following the link and retrieving the title of
the target document. "

KB: What do you mean by costly? Manpower? Download time? Server load?

3.5 Dependent and Independent User Agents

KB: This section is a bit confusing. Is the dependent user agent the screen
reader or is it the mainstream application upon which the screen reader
depends?

The guidelines state: "Most of the guidelines in this document apply to
dependent user agents."

KB: Should this statement read something like - "Most of the guidelines in
this document apply to user agents that may be accessed through dependent
user agents."

Thanks,
Kitch