Re: Best way to sign an NDA/consent form?

On 03/01/18 00:21, Steve Green wrote:
> That's not correct. According to the references below, unilateral NDAs may (but may not) need to be executed as a deed but bilateral NDAs do not.
>
> https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/non-disclosure-agreements/non-disclosure-agreements
> http://www.seqlegal.com/questions/do-ndas-need-be-witnessed

It does seem to say, when in doubt, use a deed, as it is easy to do, and
"may not be enforceable" otherwise, if the agreement is one sided.  It
advises against artificial attempts to make it mutual.

Certainly the only non-disclosure agreement I remember signing (a
personal one, direct with the client, when I was working for a client as
an employee of a software house) was done as a deed.  That was one
sided, because the client was free to use anything I disclosed.