Re: Best way to sign an NDA/consent form?

Hello:

I’ve participated in some 3D Print usability studies with blind users.

In our case we sent an accessible Word file with the consent/study information ahead of time to participants using screen readers. We then provided a paper copy for participants to sign after we confirmed they had read the information and reviewed the important points again.

We were flexible in how and where people signed the paper copy. If a digital signature is doable, that would be fine, but our IRB office generally prefers paper copies in most situations.

We did offer to make a Braille copy available, but none of our Braille readers felt it was necessary.

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth

> On Jan 2, 2018, at 4:01 PM, Wright, Isaiah <Isaiah.Wright@ally.com> wrote:
>
> I am conducting user research and need users to sign a Non-disclosure agreement and consent form. What is the best method of delivery for someone who is blind? What is the best method to legally have users who are blind to provide their consent? A digital signature?
>
> Any knowledge or experience on this subject would be helpful.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Isaiah M. Wright

Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.
Accessibility IT Consultant