Re: Accessibility testing on device simulators

From: Tobias Bengfort <tobias.bengfort@posteo.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 20:43:09 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi Poornima,

On 04/12/17 16:13, Subramanian, Poornima (PCL) wrote:
> 2.      Any experience with "browse stack" simulator?

As far as I know, browserstack is not a simulator. Instead, it gives you
access to real browsers on VMs via a web interface. So far, they do not
support screen readers.

According to their website, they include OS/browser combinations based
on market share[1]. Sound is already available[2]. I think it would be
totally possible for them to include screen readers in their services.
Maybe they have just never thought of it.

I must admit that I have never thought of it either. But having a
service that gives me access to all kinds of OS/Browser/AT combinations
would actually be fantastic. If someone from browserstack is reading
this: Please make this reality!

[1]: https://www.browserstack.com/question/479
[2]: https://www.browserstack.com/question/626