From: Tobias Bengfort [mailto:tobias.bengfort@posteo.de]
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 2:43 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Accessibility testing on device simulators

Hi Poornima,

On 04/12/17 16:13, Subramanian, Poornima (PCL) wrote:
> 2.      Any experience with "browse stack" simulator?

As far as I know, browserstack is not a simulator. Instead, it gives you access to real browsers on VMs via a web interface. So far, they do not support screen readers.

According to their website, they include OS/browser combinations based on market share[1]. Sound is already available[2]. I think it would be totally possible for them to include screen readers in their services.
Maybe they have just never thought of it.

I must admit that I have never thought of it either. But having a service that gives me access to all kinds of OS/Browser/AT combinations would actually be fantastic. If someone from browserstack is reading
this: Please make this reality!

tobias

[1]: https://www.browserstack.com/question/479

[2]: https://www.browserstack.com/question/626