RE: empty table code and screen reader

From: ALAN SMITH <alands289@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 13:38:34 -0500
To: Mohsen Mahjoobnia <mm14kl@student.ocadu.ca>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Let me address one thing you said.

“Or be white-on-white font similar to the “skip to content” link?”

Why would you have white text for a link that all keyboard only users need to use?
You have a skip link that is inaccessible for visual users.

Never make it always hidden. You can make it hidden till it gets focus but not always hidden.

For table cells, either some text like N/A or Blank - visual or just announced - or just non-breaking spaces all work from my experience.

Alan Smith