Re: Front-end frameworks and accessibility

From: Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 10:46:48 +0100
To: "Hole, David" <David.Hole@nav.no>
Cc: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Very good questions around an important issue. From my experience both
on the accessibility side and as a frameworks developer, there is
really only so much frameworks can cater for accessibility-wise apart
from following general best practices; too much depends on the
content, and how the framework is actually *used*.

(This as well as the general impossibility for an external framework
to know one’s needs leads me to generally advise *against* external
frameworks [1].)

Very brief take, maybe there’s discussion to differentiate a bit more.

[1] http://www.oreilly.com/web-platform/free/book-of-html-css-frameworks.csp

Jens Oliver Meiert