Re: Front-end frameworks and accessibility

On 26/01/2017 09:46, Jens Oliver Meiert wrote:
> Very good questions around an important issue. From my experience both
> on the accessibility side and as a frameworks developer, there is
> really only so much frameworks can cater for accessibility-wise apart
> from following general best practices; too much depends on the
> content, and how the framework is actually *used*.

As one of the Bootstrap team members, I wholeheartedly agree. I've had
to hold back from implementing very specific patterns, because authors
often "pervert" some of our widgets/structures for completely different
purposes, so having a lot of fixed things like very specific ARIA roles
etc would actually lead to pages that are even less accessible than
without them, as there would be structures that are identified as
something they're not (if that makes sense).

--
Patrick H. Lauke