accessibility support for nested h1 in sections?

From: Chaals McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 09:55:44 +0100
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi,

The HTML5 spec supports nesting sections with h1 headers - see the second
code example for
https://www.w3.org/TR/html/sections.html#the-h1,-h2,-h3,-h4,-h5,-and-h6-elements,
which you can play with at
http://chaals.github.io/testcases/h1-nested-in-sections.html

I tested this on my Mac, and found that Firefox, Yandex (chromium-based)
and Safari all render this visually as if the headers are nested. But none
of them seem to pass the nested tree to the accessibility API, and in each
case VoiceOver just treats all the headings as level 1.

Do any windows screenreaders get this right, or is accessibility API
support lacking here?

cheers