Re: Data Table Sort Feature

Sailesh,
The second grid seems to associate the headers in the first grid, and that
could be due to the use of aria-controls - is that a correct observation?
Some questions -
>It's not clear whether this is an example of incorrect aria use, or maybe
aria overuse. Assuming aria (code) is correctly used, and screen reader is
incorrectly interpreting the code, is it a violation / failure?
> Visually it's a single data table, not structurally. Would it be okay to
suggest in the table summary of the first grid something like, "There are
two tables; this is the first table that hosts header cells. Table data
follows in the second table." Should it then be considered navigable by
screen reader users?
>Is it reasonable to code to specs and not worry about how assistive
technologies would react (in the interim, determine workarounds), knowing
that someday these will eventually merge?
-Devarshi

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com