Re: Data Table Sort Feature

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 16:49:28 -0500
To: Devarshi Pant <devarshipant@gmail.com>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I am testing with JAWS 16, NVDA 2015.1:

There are two grids and column header row is repeated in both; the
first has no data rows and the 2nd grid has an empty first row.
This is confusing in itself.
On loading the page, on grid#1:
aria-label=Name: activate to sort column descending
Then I sorted the table using age:
aria-label=Name: activate to sort column ascending
In grid#2:col headers are in row#2  and I see
aria-label=Age: activate to sort column ascending

An example of incorrect ARIA use?