Re: best way to make content visible only to screen readers ??

The HTML5 Boilerplate (which is an active and maintained collection of
"best practices" code for websites) uses a CSS class of `visuallyhidden`

They have some other improvements, inline comments and links to resources
as well.

You can currently view that on lines 118 - 167 of this file:

https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate/blob/master/dist/css/main.css

I personally use that method/code but I have never actually tested it, I
just take it at face value that the community of contributors around the
globe has effectively vetted it.

Hope it helps.

*Adam Powell*
Learn more at my website: Adam Infinitum <http://www.adaminfinitum.com>