Re: Ember.js and Accessibility

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 08:29:19 -0500
To: Nathan Hammond <nathan@nathanhammond.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
learn for others, see the following:

Dojo Dijit Accessibility

Design Patterns from W3C WAI-ARIA 1.0

Open Ajax accessible Examples

Phill Jenkins,
IBM Accessibility

From:   Nathan Hammond <nathan@nathanhammond.com>
To:     w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Date:   06/17/2015 11:46 PM
Subject:        Ember.js and Accessibility

Hello W3C WAI!
Inside of the Ember.js community we're starting a conversation about how
we can become "accessible by default." This will become a significant
priority for my employer, LinkedIn, as well as the broader Ember.js
community. We intend to run numerous experiments, gather data, and work to
port all of our learnings into the core of Ember.js so that it is more
difficult to be inaccessible than it is to be accessible.

This is both a lazyweb request to point me in the direction of ongoing
conversations we should participate in as well as a request for this
community's participation in the research we're doing. Note that my
approach and intent is very pragmatic and must meet our needs now, and
hopefully we can take what we learn as input for ongoing iterations.

My presentation to kick off the topic:

Current research projects:

Looking forward to many fruitful conversations!
Nathan Hammond