Re: Ember.js and Accessibility

From: Jennifer Sutton <jsuttondc@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 16:12:20 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Nathan and others who may be interested in Ember and similar frameworks:

Here's a link to a similar discussion Jennison
already started on the WebAIM email list,
including posts that I sent in which I tried to
help him there. Unfortunately, I see my best
efforts to keep the thread in tact may not have worked:

And here's another recent article that some may find helpful:

Single page applications, Angular.js and accessibility  Simply Accessible

My hope in posting these links to the WAI list is
to help gather interested folks together in the
Ember space, though it looks like this focus on
ember is pretty much coming from Linked In, as
evidenced by this post on LinkedIn:

My hope also is to prevent fragmentation of
effort; fixing each of these frameworks, after
they're out in the world (one champion/company at
a time). . . well, it's all a matter of scale, isn't it?

As I see it, these frameworks aren't built with
accessibility in mind because there's a
fundamental lack of education. and as we all
know, they're much harder to fix, after the fact.

Good luck to all. I do my part where and when I can to foster collaboration.

And as Phil suggested, please learn from others
who have gone down this path already, including
those who have actively been working to improve
Angular, like Marcy Sutton (no relation).