Re: role="presentation" [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

On 13 May 2015 at 16:59, Jesper Tverskov <jesper@tverskov.dk> wrote:

> I'm arguing that we have a corner case, where the design table pretty
> much also live up to being a data table, and that the user of a screen
> reader for that reason might get useful hints reported. If
> role="presentation" is used absolutely nothing is reported except the
> text.
>
> If the above is wrong, tell me why. I always accept a good argument.

I have tried to explain, the table semantics are redundant (and in this
case incorrect),  in this case as would be list semantics, the useful
semantics about set size is already provided. It would be like saying hey I
need to use a nested heading for formatting purposes, let me justify this
by claiming it as being more semantic...

<h1><h1>fail</h1></h1>

--

Regards

SteveF