*From:* Pierre Dubois [mailto:duboisp2@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:32 AM
*To:* W3C WAI ig
*Subject:* Re: H43 and header cell relationships

Does someone has completed recent test whether the implicit header are
supported by AT?

It seems to be allowed within the HTML5 spec. [1]

---
[1]
On Tue Nov 6 2012, Ian Hickson wrote:
> > About "headers" I wonder if this would be acceptable:

> > as for the third row, the th1 header is implicit from the th2 declared
header

> Yup, that is allowed and is defined to work as you'd expect.
(source:
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2012-November/037791.html
)

:-)

Pierre Dubois

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
wrote:

Olaf, the first step I would do is to try to validate or disprove the
possibility of a nesting/serial access approach.  Is it possible to design
a table where a references b and b references c but a should not reference
c?  If that's possible then you can't rely on this serial type approach.

Jonathan