Re: HTML5 DL Element vs. WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria

Hi Frank,

On 6 Feb 2014, at 20:21, "Frank M. Palinkas" <fmpalinkas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I respectfully disagree with your statement regarding two column tabular data tables.
>
> Data that is two dimensional belongs in a list (ol, ul, or dl).
>
> Data that is three dimensional makes use of tabular data tables.
>
> The use of two column data tables to format two dimensional data is semantically incorrect. The two column table structure is only being used for presentation purposes.

I believe you are taking this a bit too far. If you'd think of a two column table where the column headers named "label" and "value" have been omitted because they are so obvious in a given context, representing it as a table might be as acceptable as representing it as a list.

I also have difficulty seeing why a series of label value pairs, when represented as a table, causes any problem accessing them in a meaningful and structured fashion, or is any more difficult to consume than if it were represented as a list.

Olaf