Re: aria-label usage in table cells

I am with you on comparable access, but who is at fault here -- developer,
browser, business, or spec? Isn't the title attribute supposed to be
exposed to sighted keyboard only users?  Spec says "This attribute offers
advisory information about the element for which it is set."

A case in point, and it may be extended to large data tables where column /
row headers are not visible to all user groups - H65: Using the title
attribute to identify form controls when the label element cannot be used (
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H65) - Question: can a project team using
standard code claim compliance because the title attribute serves screen
reader and mouse users and possibly other user groups , but not sighted
keyboard only users? Would it be advisable to fail that page even though
the team used standard code (or at least tried)?
-Devarshi