Re: Seeking feedback on IAAP certification roadmap

Thanks, Bob.

You raise an important point. We definitely want to bring in people with
disabilities and make a concerted effort to not only make certification
available and accessible to them, but to promote certification as a way to
improve the employment profile of people with disabilities. Without a
doubt, people with disabilities are vital in the field precisely because
they are our target audience. They are the whole reason we're doing this.
We want to make life better for people with disabilities not only in terms
of the eventual output (a more accessible world) but also in terms of the
pathway to get there (increasing employment opportunities for people with
disabilities).

I can foresee the IAAP working closely with disability advocacy groups and
consumer groups to help people with disabilities receive training and
certification, because you're right that their experience is invaluable.

Paul Bohman, PhD
Director of Training
Deque Systems, Inc
www.deque.com