Re: Seeking feedback on IAAP certification roadmap

David,

IAAP will certify the knowledge and skills of individuals, not tools or web
sites or products. There are several goals of certification, and several
reasons for moving in this direction. In general, the purpose is to move
the accessibility profession forward. Certification helps legitimize the
profession in the eyes of employers, helps individuals demonstrate their
commitment to accessibility and their skills, helps define what it means to
be an accessibility professional, and so on. So the impact on tools will be
indirect. The impact on accessibility will hopefully be more directly
measurable, as we increase the number of people with verifiable skills who
are working in the field.

Paul Bohman, PhD
Director of Training
Deque Systems, Inc