RE: new touch and non touch screens

From: <accessys@smart.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 11:10:43 -0400 (EDT)
To: Ian Sharpe <themanxsharpy@gmail.com>
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I'm wondering especially for blind/visually impaired how the new touch and
now the wave over the screen control systems can possibly be made w3c
compliant????

and with the popularity of i-pads and other i-things where there is
nothing but visual clues to where to put ones fingers to control it,
there appears to be a significant diminishment of access with the newer
devices not an increase in universal access.

??? how are these devices being addressed if at all.  I can't remember
them ever being discussed on this site.

a very few will take limited audio commands but I haven't seen one that
could be operated 100% with audio commands

Bob