Re: Creating an accessible Table of Contents

Olaf Drümmer wrote:

> - PDF is the most widely used final form document exchange format,
>+ and HTML is not a final form document format  or an exchange format,
>+ and ODF etc. are not final form; so what alternative do you envision
>+ when it comes to exchanging documents in their final form?

Actually, making the document accessible means taking it out of final
form, so that it can be rendered into different final forms, e.g. with
much larger fonts, in the same width, or into non-visual media.

I believe one of the attractions, to businesses, of final form documents
was that it was difficult to remove the branding and emotive styling
from the document, and even to stop the contents being re-purposed.  As
such, accessible PDF is probably even seen as a threat by them.

Basically, being revisable form is one of the requirements for being
accessible.

--
David Woolley