Re: Creating an accessible Table of Contents

How many variables should we account for during testing? I wouldn’t stress
if T O C works or not in an XYZ platform if the process to convert to PDF
is correct. Apparently, for me it worked with JAWS / Windows / PDF, and the
conversion process was correct. For example, did the word document (that
was converted to PDF) use correct styles (as in headers) to create the T O
C or not? If a screen reader works on the Word document, but does not
anymore on PDF after conversion, what then?
Going back to the original post, if the T O C is created off of styled
headers and then converted to PDF, you can use the screen reader's headings
list in PDF to replicate the T O C. That is besides using the bookmarks. So
you have two different ways to get to the content if T O C fails for some
reason.