Re: Voiceover detection in JavaScript

From: Michael Gower <michael.gower@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 06:51:09 -0700
To: Alastair Campbell <alastc@gmail.com>
Cc: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@whatsock.com>, WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Passthrough is useful on lots of apps including Contacts, where one uses
it to jump by letter through the contact list using the right-hand side of
the screen. So while I'd call it an advanced gesture, I certainly have
many clients who use it. The issue I encountered when I tried this with
the slider is that the values were incremented visually but I did not get
the percentage spoken by VO. In other words, in Contacts, I hear "b", "c",
etc as I move through what is essentially a slider control. But here,
"20%" etc.,  was not read out.

Michael Gower
i b m  i n t e r a c t i v e

1803 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC  V8T 5C3
voice: (250) 220-1146 * cel: (250) 661-0098 *  fax: (250) 220-8034