RE: is javascript considered good wacg 2.0 practice?

Hi John,
Just a couple of quick points, as the matter is still before the cRTC.
Actually  bell does state that they know Jaws does not work well with
their Java script setup, but that they do not care because the use of
Java Script WCAG 2.0 compliant...period.  few details, although indeed
ie is not referenced.  Chrome is, firefox, almost nothing else.
I do take issue with your modern browser concept though.  Modern by whose
definition?  Lynx is still regularly updated, even with a an option that
can work with scripting in some cases, if the target is not in and of
itself Java.
If a person cannot use some technology for physical reasons, they should not
be told to just get modern, and yes this can happen.
Dictating quality of life, just get modern begins to tell someone how to
manage their experience, and since no two people do this same no matter
the label, generalizing suggests there is no uniqueness, dangerous
actually.

not allowing room on the highway even if a person wants to walk is like not
cleaning the sidewalk because a few people own handheld snow
blowers...which would shut down a walking city like New York.
Equally bell is trumpeting their site as the main way to interact with
them, not allowing equally effortless doors elsewhere based on this
particular complaint.
so just do it another way does not resonate with the cRTC either.
Thanks for your take, especially as you are up here.
Kare