Re: is javascript considered good wacg 2.0 practice?

From: Ramón Corominas <listas@ramoncorominas.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:54:07 +0100
To: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>
CC: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, 'W3C WAI ig' <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, 'David Woolley' <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>, 'Steve Green' <steve.green@testpartners.co.uk>, 'Harry Loots' <harry.loots@ieee.org>
Hi again,

Karen wrote:

> If a person cannot use some technology for physical reasons, they should
> not be told to just get modern, and yes this can happen.

Could you please provide an example in the context of this thread?

> not allowing room on the highway even if a person wants to walk is like
> not cleaning the sidewalk because a few people own handheld snow
> blowers...which would shut down a walking city like New York.

I love the transportation metaphore (thanks, John!).

Highways have room for people to walk only in case of emergency, but you
are not allowed to walk in a normal situation. Bikes or horses are not
allowed to enter a highway. If you want to use the highway, there are
free modern cars available that you can use. You cannot complain because
you decide to only use a bicycle.

Regards,
Ramón.